Monday, January 26, 2009

My tentative museum schedule is the following:

1/31/09 -- Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven: They will be opening a fantastic exhibition by the name of Picasso: The Allure of Language this Wednesday.

2/7/09 -- Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford: I went when I was a little kid...this should be an adventure!

2/14/09 -- MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA: fantastic installation of Sol LeWitt that just makes you grin! I was there for the opening which gave me no time to explore the rest of the museum -- not the best way to visit a museum for the first time, but this visit will make up for it!

2/20-2/22/09 -- The Met, the Guggenheim, and hopefully the Frick in NYC: I have never been to any of these museums, so I figured that I would make a full weekend out of it and just do it! Is there such a thing as an overdose of art?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tara...

    Remember that 6 visits are required all together.... 4 papers and 2 photo essays with captions..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Prof Nevins,

    I just found this post and was confused seeing as my trip to NY will include three separate museums. Is the way that I listed my itinerary not good? Please advise and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh three in NY is good.... it would be tough to fit them all in in one day and do them justice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly why we are staying in the city Friday through Sunday. I'll be able to get one museum in per day to do them all justice. I really can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete